[IUCr Home Page]

progress report

Dear Colleagues,

	This is a brief note to indicate why you have not seen any
activity in this group lately.

	Our discussions have reached the stage where a definite proposal
is needed, but in the meantime, the chemists working on the IChI
(International Chemical Identifier?) project (who originally asked us to
provide an identifier for crystallographic phases) are moving ahead with
their project.  They are holding a workshop at NIST in the middle of
November which I shall be attending.  This will give me a much better idea
of the kind of phase identifier that will be useful to them.  Once I
am familiar with their ideas I will work on a firm proposal that we can
discuss in the knowledge that its form will be compatible with the IChI
format.

	Look for further activity around the end of November.

			David

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca

Reply to: [list | sender only]

Copyright © International Union of Crystallography

IUCr Webmaster