[IUCr Home Page]

Re: Discussion list for phase identifiers

Dear colleagues,

	I would like to thank Brian for setting up this list server.  The
fact that all contributions are saved on the server means that we don't
have to keep local copies of the discussions (except of course for Brian's
initial email that contains the URL of the list server which we need to
access the server).

	I would like to hear the views of all members of this group before
trying to focus the discussion into particular channels.  Please don't be
bashful about sharing your views.  We all approach the problem of phase
identification from a different perspective and we need to know the
problems that each of us faces.

	Please note that there is an error in Brian's last message.  The
name of the list server is phase-IDENTIFIERS@iucr.org, not
phase-TRANSITIONS@iucr.org (see the 'reply to' address at the head of this
message).

	I look forward to a vigorous discussion.

			Best wishes

				David

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca

Reply to: [list | sender only]

Copyright © International Union of Crystallography

IUCr Webmaster