IUCr 1996 Triennial Executive Committee Report - Executive Committee and Finance Committee meetings
The Executive Committee met in Beijing,
China, in August 1993 before and during the General Assembly, in
Chester, England, in June 1994 and in Lund, Sweden, in August 1995 at
the time of the European Crystallographic Committee annual meeting. The
Finance Committee met in March 1993, August 1993, March 1994, April 1995
and August 1995, to prepare its advice and recommendations on finances,
establishment and staff matters.
The most important items of business dealt with by the Executive
Committee during the triennium at these meetings, and in postal ballots
between meetings, were:
- Editorial policy, pricing policy and subscription rates, approval
of appointments of Co-editors, separate editorial boards for
D of Acta
Crystallographica, electronic publishing, Special
Issues, and other matters concerning the IUCr journals
- Appointment of new staff in the IUCr office in Chester.
- Upgrading of office technology in the IUCr office in Chester and
expansion of this office; provision of an IUCr home page on the
- Publication of the new Section
D of Acta
- Publication of the new Journal of Synchrotron
- Cooperation with databases, including relations between the IUCr
and the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre, between the IUCr and the
International Centre for Diffraction Data and between the IUCr and the
Gmelin Institut/Fachinformationszentrum Karlsruhe.
- The implementation of the Crystallographic Information File (CIF)
for Acta Crystallographica papers and
other uses of CIF, patent application and adoption of the STAR file and
CIF by other bodies.
- Progress with Volumes B, C, D and E of
International Tables for
Crystallography and consideration of possible further
- Establishment of an international crystallographic newsletter, the
- Approval of publications, jointly with the Oxford University
Press, in the IUCr/OUP Book Series.
- World Directory of
- Approval of the audited accounts.
- The General Fund estimates and the level of the unit
- Investment policy.
- UK taxation considerations.
- Funding and uses of the Publications and Journals Development Fund
and the Research and Education Fund.
- Consolidation of the Ewald Fund and appointment of the Selection
Committee for the fourth Ewald Prize.
- Sponsorship of meetings and possible financial support for
- Young scientists' support to meetings.
- Free circulation of scientists.
- Report of the Sub-committee on the IUCr Statutes and
- Applications for membership of the IUCr.
- Approval of the membership of the Programme Committee for the
- Discussion of the arrangements for the Seattle General Assembly
- Level of financial support for the Seattle Congress and its
- Review of the activities of the Commissions.
- Proposals to establish new Commissions.
- Nominations for Officers of the IUCr and for Chairmen and members
of Commissions, and proposals from the National Committees for these
[Next section] [Previous section] [Index] in IUCr 1996 Triennial Report
  IUCr Triennial Executive Committee Report: Executive Committee and Finance Committee meetings
Updated 7th October 1997
Copyright © 1997 International Union of Crystallography