IUCr 1993 Triennial Executive Committee Report - Executive Committee and Finance Committee meetings
The Executive Committee met in Bordeaux in July 1990 before and
during the General Assembly, in Chester, England, in August 1991 and in
Pittsburgh, USA, in July 1992 at the time of the ACA annual meeting.
The Finance Committee met twice a year, the second time being prior to
the Executive Committee meeting, to prepare its advice and
recommendations on finances, establishment and staff matters.
The most important items of business dealt with by the Executive
Committee during the triennium at these meetings, and in postal ballots
between meetings, were:
- Editorial policy, pricing policy and subscription rates, approval
of appointments of Co-editors, Section Editors for
Acta Crystallographica, and other
matters concerning the IUCr journals.
- Appointment of new staff in the IUCr office in Chester.
- Upgrading of office technology in the IUCr office in Chester and
expansion of this office.
- Publication of a new Section (Section
D) of Acta
Crystallographica on Biological
- Consideration of the possible publication of a new journal, the
Journal of Synchrotron
- Future of Structure Reports and
cooperation with databases, including relations between the IUCr and the
Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre and between the IUCr and the
International Centre for Diffraction Data.
- The implementation of the Crystallographic Information File (CIF)
for Acta Crystallographica papers and
other uses of CIF, patent application and adoption of the STAR file
and CIF by other bodies.
- Progress with Volumes B, C, D and E of
International Tables for
Crystallography and consideration of possible
- Historical Atlas of
- Establishment of an international crystallographic newsletter, the
- Approval of publications, jointly with the Oxford University
Press, in the IUCr/OUP Book Series.
- World Directory of
- Approval of the audited accounts.
- The General Fund estimates and the level of the unit
- Investment policy.
- UK taxation considerations.
- Funding and uses of the Publications and Journals Development Fund
and the Research and Education Fund.
- Consolidation of the Ewald Fund and appointment of the Selection
Committee for the third Ewald Prize.
- Sponsorship of meetings and possible financial support for
- Young scientists' support to meetings.
- Free circulation of scientists.
- Approval of the membership of the Programme Committee for the
- Discussion of the arrangements for the Beijing General Assembly
- Level of financial support for the Beijing Congress and its
- Review of the activities of the Commissions.
- Establishment of an ad interim
Commission on Aperiodic Crystals.
- Review of IUCr representation on the Regional and Scientific
Associates and on other bodies.
- Nominations for Officers of the IUCr and for Chairmen and members
of Commissions, and proposals from the National Committees for these
[Next section] [Previous section] [Index] in IUCr 1993 Triennial Report
  IUCr Triennial Executive Committee Report: Executive Committee and Finance Committee meetings
Updated 29th March 1997
Copyright © 1993 International Union of Crystallography